BOPP FILM FACT SHEET
Heavy Metals Compliance Statement
Xopax hereby certifies that all films comply with the requirements of the toxics in packaging laws. Specifically:
· We certify that the regulated metals of lead, mercury, cadmium, and hexavalent chromium were not intentionally added to any of our MPI 5020 series films during the manufacturing process.
· We further certify that the sum of the incidental concentration levels of lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium present in any MPI 5020 series film does not exceed 100 ppm by weight (CONEG model limit). These substances are also restricted or forbidden by §4 of EU Directive 2002/95/EC (the RoHS Directive).
FDA Compliance Statement
Xopax further guarantees that our films that are hereafter shipped or delivered to a purchaser, as of the date of such shipment of delivery and subject to the conditions of use or other restrictions if any, are not adulterated or misbranded within the meaning of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as amended. MPI 5020 series films also comply with the following Food and Drug Administration Regulations:
· 21 CFR 177.1520 (c) (1.1) and (3.1): This regulation describes polypropylene and olefin copolymers that can be safely used in articles used for packaging or holding food at low temperatures and/or room temperatures.
· 21 CFR 178.2010: This regulation lists antioxidants and/or stabilizers for polymers which may be safely used for the manufacture of articles which come into direct contact with food.
· 21 CFR 178.3130: This regulation lists antistatic and/or antifogging agents which may be safely used for the manufacture of articles which come into direct contact with food.
This is also to confirm that our films do not contain any components based on/or derived from any known or potential allergen such as, but not limited to:
2. Tree nuts
3. Eggs or egg derivatives
4. Dairy or dairy derivatives
5. Wheat or wheat products
6. Soy or soy derivatives
7. Gluten from rye, oats and barley
8. FD&C/synthetic colors
10. Sesame/poppy/caraway seeds
13. Corn or corn derivatives
14. Cottonseed products
15. Monosodium glutamate
16. Celery products
17. Natural rubber latex
Toxics Statement and Proposition 65 Compliance
Xopax also certifies that our MPI 5020 series films do not contain any of the following chemicals:
Bisphenol A, PVC, phthalates (DEHP, BBP, DINP, DBP, DnHP, DNOP, DIDP), poly-brominated biphenyls (PBB) or poly-brominated biphenyl ethers (PBDE), naphthalene (and/or naphthalene compounds), melamine, benzophenone, nonylphenol, octylphenolethoxylate, asbestos, fluorinated telomeric materials, perfluorocarbon resins (PFC’s), Dioxin, benzene, phenol, sulfur, organotins (DBT and DOT), or any animal by-products.
MPI 5020 series films also pose no risk of cancer or reproductive hazards under the California Safe Drinking and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65 - listed chemicals) directive and its amendments and
therefore do not require a warning statement.
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETCommercial Product Name Oriented Polypropylene Film
1.1 Chemical Family: Polyolefin Compound
1.2 Form: Packaging Film
1.3 CAS: 9003-07-0 1.4 Color: Transparent 1.5 Odor: None
2 Physical and safety data Tested in accordance
2.1 Melting Point 248-338 with: F
2.2 Specific Gravity
2.3 Vapor pressure N/A
2.4 Solubility in water Insoluble
2.5 Flash point Above 500 F
2.8 Auto-Ignition temperature Above 735 F
2.9 Explosion limits N/A
2.10 Thermal decomposition Will occur
2.11 Hazardous Decomposition Products:
Carbon Monoxide, Carbon Dioxide, other harmful products of oxidation
2.12 Stability: Stable
2.13 Further information: No unusual hazards. This MSDS has been prepared in compliance with the Federal OSHA Hazard Communication Standard 29 CFR 1910.1200. This product does not contain ingredients which would be considered to be a hazardous chemical under that standard.
Not classified as dangerous goods
Not restricted for transportation Road, Marine & Air
DOT Classification: Non-regulated commodity
5 Health Hazards: None
5.1 Emergency First Aid Procedures:
None anticipated. Melted polymer may produce severe burns requiring a physician.
5.2 Respiratory protection: None required.
5.3 Protective clothing: None required. Use of industrial gloves and approved safety glasses meeting ANSI 2P7.1 standard recommended.
5.4 Fire fighting procedures: Use of trained personnel recommended.
5.5 Suitable extinguishing media: water fog, foam, powder, CO2, Halon (halogenated agents)
6.0 Environmental Protection: No special storage requirements.
7.0 Toxicity: Not toxic.
8.0 Information on local ecological effects:
When disposed of under orderly conditions no environmental damage or effects will occur. Does not contain additives based on heavy metals like cadmium (Cd), lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), or chromiumVI.
9.0 Further information: Unwinding, winding and passage through nips and over process rollers will tend to generate a strong electrostatic charge on the web. Static discharge devices should be properly positioned at such points to eliminate the charge and to prevent uncontrolled discharge from the web. This is particularly required in hazardous atmospheres and to protect personnel handling the film.
All statements made here are due to the most current and up-to-date state of our product knowledge. This has been derived from fully reliable sources and the opinion of persons believed to be experts, but is not to be taken as a product warrantee or of any representation of legal responsibility of the supplier.